Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Better Man (A Christmas Song) - by Matthew Blake

Duration: 05:32 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-12-14 21:01:18
User: MatthewBlakeMusic
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

music  christmas  song  singer  songwriter  folk  rock  acoustic  guitar  san  diego  loft  joseph  mary  jesus  

Description:

Lyrics: Mary went down to Bethlehem On the back of a burro down a road made of sand Joseph in the lead And he is trying to believe What he thinks an angel Told him in his sleep There's no hotel in Bethlehem No empty room for a pregnant girl to settle in Joseph lays his pretty wife down In the stable, on the ground And he wonders if he's Done the best he can (chorus) And now the future's coming at him fast When he becomes responsible for what he did not ask And this wasn't quite the life that he had planned You know he cannot help but wonder if There might be a better man Mary cries in Bethlehem And the cries of a newborn baby boy are joining in He does not have his father's eyes No, they don't look a thing alike But Joseph is still holding Mary's hand (chorus) Mary went down to Bethlehem And two years later she comes home to all her friends Joseph never left her side The more it hurt, the more he tried And found some kind of strength He did not know he had inside "I wouldn't trade a second of my life Even though it felt like I was wrong half of the time Sometimes we just don't get to understand But somehow holding onto this little child Has made me a better man Somehow holding onto Jesus makes me A better man" (Copyright 2007 Matthew Blake Music)

Comments

MatthewBlakeMusic ::: Favorites  2007-12-21 03:00:31

play away! glad you like it :)
__________________________________________________
relajado ::: Favorites  2007-12-21 00:32:07

Truly an imaginative and beautiful song. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you don't mind if I play it for the church this coming Christmas Eve Service (I bought your album off itunes after listening to this song- haven't had time to listen yet but am looking forward to it). Keep on writing.
__________________________________________________
feelgoodnation ::: Favorites  2007-12-15 05:03:58

You rock! I was just thinking of you today. Remembering I hadn't been back in touch about Feel Good Music. I will be, no worries. I am almost ready to move fwd. I love your music. I can't believe you wrote this amazing song. : ) Awesome. You are so very talented. I look fwd to helping you share that with people all around the world, if that is what you desire. Peace and Blessings this holiday, Angie
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

4Ever Umbrella (Rock) - Recording Session
DDR Blood Dance/Crip Walk
Friends...
Into the storm
OMG! Was he hitting on you?
Slow Down
Brian's Time To Shine
Top Gun Anthem
dus in kailash kher's Tauba Tauba (Remix)
Bonn Poker Series
letters from iwo jima - beachhead
David Oh opening my present
GNR - Since I don't have you
Car Slide Show 2007
National Treasure:Book of Secrets Official Trailer
Subscriber Number 37: Bhavibova Aka Newcomer!
IvErSoN cOlLeGe & RoOkIe MiX
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha chinese version
w00t.
DRinking video with allen


 

No comments: